original reporting was that it was contract/safety (more hours, etc), then
as the scramble for justifying the shooting gained traction the "media"
started injecting "what they heard"  There was target practice taking place
with the firearms, the firearm randomly went off 3 times, the staff left
because of the gun safety,, yada yada yada, rittenhousing the narrative in
the preferred favor, facts be damned. the machine is in full run now with
the interview and all that, form the narrative,

Reporting is not journalism, so what is reported can almost always be
assumed to have been rittenhoused moving forward, especially when its an
uber leftist needing a positive tilt