Pot is legal in CA, but it's treated like alcohol. You can get a DUI for pot just as easily as for booze. I would treat it the same as alcohol, permission slip or not.

There used to be an issue for pot in that it will stay in your bloodstream for quite a while; not sure how long but I seem to recall about a month. I have no idea if they've figured out how to deal with that.

On 5/3/2024 8:29 AM, Chuck McCown via AF wrote:
I have always had employees that were in rehab.  But never had anyone using at work before this guy.  He pointed to the fact he has a pot card for anxiety.  I have a card in my pocket that says I am old enough to buy whisky too, but I doubt any employer would be OK with me sucking a flask while working. I know certain prescription conventional drugs can make you not safe to operate equipment.  But this guy had to operate equipment as part of his job.  I would make an accommodation for someone that had pain meds temporarily that left them a bit impaired but not as an every day thing. This guy was MAX drama too.  One thing I tell everyone when I hire them, the only thing I really care about is no drama.  Do not bring your drama to work.
*From:* Steve Jones
*Sent:* Thursday, May 2, 2024 10:01 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Pot
lite duty, no operating machinery or equipment
On Wed, May 1, 2024, 9:18 AM <dmmoff...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I think the ADA does want you to accommodate rehab appointments in
    someone’s work schedule.

    …..which I would do anyway.  If they’re working on getting
    straight I don’t want to stand in their way.  I don’t know if
    anyone goes to rehab for pot though.  Probably not.

    -Adam