Josh Reynolds
CIO, SPITwSPOTS
www.spitwspots.com

On 02/27/2015 11:36 AM, Dennis Burgess wrote:

Note Josh,

The information provided below on the Fixed Broadband Deployment is NOT ACCURATE. This is exactly why we get a bad rep sometimes. The Fixed Broadband Deployment data is based on census blocks that you OFFER service in, not provide, so you are submitting inaccurate information. Or rather, smaller than offered deployment information, so you will show less areas served than you actually may.

In all reality, the FCC wants to know WHERE you cover and where you COULD offer service. Where you have service deployed is what the fixed broadband subscriber data is. You said integration with TowerCoverage, make sure you have purchased the Deployment data so that you get a updated Fixed Broadband Deployment CSV.

Dennis Burgess, CTO, Link Technologies, Inc.

den...@linktechs.net <mailto:den...@linktechs.net>– 314-735-0270 – www.linktechs.net <http://www.linktechs.net>

*From:*Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] *On Behalf Of *Josh Reynolds
*Sent:* Friday, February 27, 2015 2:23 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] 477 tract/block info

We didn't use powercode for our 477 this year, we used a third party.

Right now though, I'm staring at it, if you go to Reports -> Data Export -> FCC Form 477 There is a data export tool.

"Reports > Generate FCC Form 477
This report will generate two files to assist in filing FCC Form 477. The Fixed Broadband Deployment Data file will contain information about services offered by census block. The Fixed Broadband Subscription Data file will contain information about quantity of services provided by census tract. The deployment report will only report based on you having at least one active customer in a specific census block.

A customer will only be included in this report if they have a Monthly Internet service on their account. For more details about this report, please visit the FCC Form 477 site.

The census block/tract data for the customer will be calculated from their physical address. If this data is incorrect or incomplete, the form will be incorrect or incomplete! This product uses the FCC Data API but is not endorsed or certified by the FCC."

Between this and the integration with towercoverage that we have, what exactly are we missing?

--
Josh Reynolds
CIO, SPITwSPOTS