Yep, sounds like there's something messed up with the remote voltage control. Hard to tell if it's the PS or the BCM, unless you have another set.

On 4/9/2015 11:12 AM, Christopher Tyler wrote:
When I cut off AC power it switches over to battery just fine.
It's just the power supply control that appears to be broken, everything else
seems to work. I followed the instructions line for line when I got it and it
didn't appear to work properly then either, so I think I just got a bad unit.
Should still be under warranty so, I'll see about getting an RMA for it and
thanks for the additional information, all very good information to keep in
mind.