Power everything off then connect the temp probe and batteries. Power it back up. Like Ken said, the BCM adjusts the TSP power supply output voltage. Check battery output voltage at the BCM, look at your shunt reading or clamp-on ammeter, etc. You should see 1 amp (that's the BCM current limit) if the batteries are <90% or so.

The LVD will cut off at 1.83 volt per cell for SLA. The BATT-OK contact will open slightly before the LVD kicks in as an early warning (awesome feature). So 22V for the BCM24 and 44V for the BCM48. That is very, very conservative if you ask me, especially for a UPS. The batteries are not being cycled daily like solar. AGMs can be taken down very deep in a typical UPS situation and not sustain any damage or loss of capacity. Again, this is not solar.

The Mean Well AD-155 LVD is much lower. Like 19.5V for the 155B, IIRC. Fine with me since I put those at smaller sites with smaller batteries, and they're cheap batteries, so if it ruins them, oh well, replace.

On 4/8/2015 5:54 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:
With the Traco setup, the BCM controls the power supply voltage to be what is needed to charge the batteries. The loads get that same voltage, so the output will be 27 or 28 volts not 24.

Is there a possibility the battery remote temperature probe is not connected correctly or is bad? I don't know what happens if that is open. Some chargers will assume 27*C if the probe is missing, I don't know what Traco does.

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Prince
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 5:02 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Low Voltage Disconnect

I've never used this setup, but with the chargers/controllers I've used,
the output of the power supply has to be greater than 24V. In fact,
doesn't the output of the power supply have to be at least 28 or 28.5
volts? This would allow the battery controller to modulate the output to
the batteries, whether it be bulk, absorption, or float?

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>