To be fair, that’s exactly how it was designed to work.  Also how IPV6 is 
intended to work; everything is routable, and your firewall keeps out the bad 
guys.

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Daniel White
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 8:29 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 44.0.0.0/8

 

I’ll never forget the day I was in Cupertino in one of Apple’s buildings are 
saw public IP addresses assigned to things like printers.

 

Blew my mind. 

 

Daniel White

(303) 746-3590

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mathew Howard
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:40 PM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 44.0.0.0/8

 

Not sure about Daimler, but Ford does... I'm sure there are a lot worse wastes 
of IPs than the HAMs.

 

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:28 PM, Josh Luthman <[email protected]> 
wrote:

Doesn't Ford and Daimler have a /8?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Jul 1, 2015 12:14 AM, "TJ Trout" <[email protected]> wrote:

speaking as a extra class amateur radio operstor, does anyone else think it's 
excessive that arpa net or whatever has a /8 issued to them? 16 million some 
precious ipv4 for "testing" purposes? I'm always pro ham radio rights, but 
seriously ?

 

 

  _____  


 <https://www.avast.com/antivirus> Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. 
www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>  

 

Reply via email to