If your goal is pure weightloss, the best and fastest way is to start
properly counting calories. Buy a Fitbit, link it up to MyFitnessPal on
your phone, and be fastidious about entering what you eat. When you
really track your calories, you will see exactly what you need to cut
back on in order to maintain weight loss (or you'll go walk another 2-3
miles to work off the Snickers you just ate.)
I don't think anything works except calorie counting. It's way too easy
to misjudge how much you're eating/drinking. My wife, my Dad and his
girlfriend and a number of other people I know have been doing a Fitbit
(or some similar step tracker) and MyFitnessPal and they've all lost a
significant amount of weight doing it. All of them just set MPF to
1-2lbs of weightloss a week, it calculates how many calories you need to
eat a day to get there and it just works. For a reasonable loss of
1-2lbs a week, you'll probably need to eat about 500 calories below your
total daily energy expenditure, which is really not very hard,
especially if you consume a lot of empty/junk calories today as those
are the simplest things to cut back on.
I think that the truly good thing about this method is that it just
modifies your daily behavior, rather than you switching to a fad diet,
losing the weight and then going back to old habits, and it's not very
difficult or expensive.
On 2/21/2016 10:29 AM, Chuck McCown wrote:
And no, I don’t want to stop swallowing....
*From:* Chuck McCown <mailto:[email protected]>
*Sent:* Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:27 AM
*To:* [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT medifast
I finally threw out my bag of DDT wetable powder. Not popular with
the Rachael Carson crowd...
*From:* Jaime Solorza <mailto:[email protected]>
*Sent:* Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:25 AM
*To:* Animal Farm <mailto:[email protected]>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT medifast
You need the DDT diet.
On Feb 21, 2016 8:56 AM, "Chuck McCown" <[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Still trying to shed holiday pounds. Seems harder each year. I
know a bunch of guys that have lost a bunch of weight with
medifast. Seems expensive. I did nutrisystems years ago and it
worked pretty good. Any opinions? (My wife is a fantastic cook,
getting rid of her is NOT an option).
--
Simon Westlake
Skype: Simon_Sonar
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (702) 447-1247
---------------------------
Sonar Software Inc
The next generation of ISP billing and OSS
https://sonar.software