My 16yr old stepson would not have the patience for that. Then again,
he's not a sports fan either :/

I played for 12 years. Still couldn't listen to or watch a game. I can
listen to football on the radio though.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Chuck McCown <[email protected]> wrote:
> I wonder if the younger generation has the ability to enjoy listening to a
> baseball game on the radio?
>
> From: Chuck McCown
> Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 1:11 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT medifast
>
> Serial was great but the other one, Undisclosed was a bit tedious.  I listen
> to This American Life and Snap Judgement to fall asleep frequently.
>
> From: Bill Prince
> Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 1:04 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT medifast
>
> Yeah. Listened to that one last week. Love things like Freakonomics, Radio
> Lab, and On the Media. Got sucked into the first season of Serial too; not
> so much the second season. I load them up in the phone and listen to them on
> drives down to the valley and/or coast.
>
> bp
> <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>
>
> On 2/22/2016 12:00 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
>
> So, Bill Prince has put me on to a rich source diversion now...
> Freakonomics podcasts.
> Listening to one right now about failure is your friend.
>
> http://freakonomics.com/podcast/failure-is-your-friend/
> Has a good piece on the Challenger disaster.  I had always heard that a
> Morton Thiokol employee (they built the solid rocket boosters) was warning
> them not to launch.  This podcast goes a bit beyond that.  He refused to
> sign off on the launce and made his boss do it.
>
> From: Gino Villarini
> Sent: Monday, February 22, 2016 12:44 PM
> To: Animal Farm
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT medifast
>
> no breakfast and skipping lunch is the worst thing you can do... you are
> signaling your primal brain that times are tought .. scare food... store
> fat!  you need to eat 5 times , breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks (small
> portions).. do this along with Darin recommendations on the type of foods
> and you'll loose weight with little exercise...
>
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Chuck McCown <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> I never eat breakfast and frequently skip lunch.  I know I need more
>> activity.
>>
>> From: Ken Hohhof
>> Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:16 AM
>> To: [email protected]
>> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT medifast
>>
>> What has worked for me in the past (and I need to do now) is to work
>> through lunch (and don’t eat before bed).  Seems easier in summer, more
>> stuff to do, and heat makes me more thirsty than hungry.  If you eat a big
>> lunch on a hot day, you want a siesta.
>>
>> Stress makes me eat.  I used to work closely with a product manager who
>> was the opposite.  When things were going badly, we were like Mutt and Jeff.
>> (Laurel and Hardy?  Abbott and Costello?  Jay and Silent Bob?  Key and
>> Peele?)  Figure out which type you are, and either increase or decrease your
>> stress level accordingly.
>>
>>
>> From: Chuck McCown
>> Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2016 9:55 AM
>> To: [email protected]
>> Subject: [AFMUG] OT medifast
>>
>> Still trying to shed holiday pounds.  Seems harder each year.  I know a
>> bunch of guys that have lost a bunch of weight with medifast.  Seems
>> expensive.  I did nutrisystems years ago and it worked pretty good.  Any
>> opinions?  (My wife is  a fantastic cook, getting rid of her is NOT an
>> option).
>
>
>
>

Reply via email to