I have had clients text me for a few years.  I never advertise it, but I do
respond.  I use Ringcentral for my hosted PBX and can text back through
their apps.

Jason Wilson
Remotely Located
Providing High Speed Internet to out of the way places.
530-651-1736
530-748-9608 Cell
www.remotelylocated.com