They want to know specifically what device/IP address/MAC address on their
LAN is moving a lot of traffic (like a kid's gaming PC with Steam, or an
XboxOne, or whatever)?  I would suggest some sort of home router that can
do per device cumulative accounting like this. The $50 ubnt edgerouter has
this in its GUI, I believe.  Or the $99 one.