Have you ever seen a 1080p youtube video load on a 1GbE active-E FTTH ISP
that has direct peering with Google from a router 2.5ms upstream?  It's a
beautiful thing.

People will absolutely pay for connections that support multiple streams,
take a typical family of 4 or 5 people with kids that want to watch videos
on tablets simultaneously...