I presume the circle thing is spinning when people say buffering.

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 8:34 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] "buffering"

But that’s not what I’m talking about.  I’m wondering if when a customer talks
about “buffering”, he really means having to wait for the video to start
playing.

And maybe I’m confused because I assume everyone is using Netflix.  And I’m
pretty sure Netflix starts the stream at a low quality so it starts quickly,
and then ramps up the quality as the buffer fills, since their technology
allows changing the stream quality on the fly.  Other services like maybe Hulu
and Amazon Prime may behave differently.

Also with my default assumption that people are using Netflix, I don’t expect
rebuffering because it’s been years since Netflix needed to stop and rebuffer
at a lower stream rate, I think they do that pretty seamlessly now.