Samsung is auto updating. So if you connect to the store to use the app it
updates automatically for the most part. I believe it is a hardware
limitation more then it's a app implementation. You may see poor results on
the TV sets older then 2014. They changed a lot of how the apps are allowed
to interact with the hardware since then... but I don't believe it was
possible to bring that to the older sets.

I do know some people with the problem TV sets moved to a roku like device
it worked much better overall.

It's not the rule but perhaps something to keep in mind.

I don't believe the older sets buffered anything at all. It was live or
nothing... it was a goofy implementation for apps. I believe it was running
a webapp engine on a weak processor with little to no local storage
available.