From: That One Guy /sarcasm
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 9:15 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] hardest thing I've had to do with this biz...

To be honest, it could be helpful. After a disaster until there is something
that sets in in a controlled manner it's pandemonium. Normalcy, even others,
puts the future back on the horizon. The scope of a major loss can be
overwhelming. And not to be the dickbag, but this is a potential pr goldmine,
it's not pretty, but it's a shame to ever let a good tragedy go to waste. Move
in, prioritize getting some temporary communications back in order, maybe even
pair up with a list vendor to donate some ruckus (dan?) Make sure your guys
throw a cooler full of gatorades in the truck to put on the curb for work
crews. Donate some company shirts to the folks to destroy why they sift through
the rubble that was their dreams, a few bundles of work gloves. Give your crews
some leverage to step away and lend a hand, maybe throw a couple extra hands on
your crew so you don't lose work time getting yourself back in order. The
marketing thing I read once set a 16 to one ratio, they say one bad review or
disgruntled customers takes 16 happy ones to offset. Being part of a disaster
recovery can really give you some leverage on that ratio.......or you could do
it all solely because contrary to the vitriol I spit out, humanity is actually
inherently good