The CCR1016-12S-1S+ and CCR1072 are the only two that have dual supplies built in into the chassis. Most Routerboards support redundant power via jack and POE. The CCR1036 obviously doesn't support POE input. I thought it has two internal power connectors, but only one is used? Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

On 10/15/2016 8:23 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
I know you know this. Diode voltage drop depends on current. If the router has times when it is drawing significantly less current, then the voltage drop will be less and vice versa. I know everyone cites .6 volts for a PN silicon junction but it is more like double that on many power rectifiers. A common 1N4004 has a 1 volt drop at 1 amp. But only about .2 volts down in the microamp region.

    *From: *"TJ Trout" <t...@voltbb.com>
    *To: *af@afmug.com
    *Sent: *Saturday, October 15, 2016 6:43:04 PM
    *Subject: *[AFMUG] dual psu with diode, ccr1036 wierdness

    to increase reliability on my new ccr1036 router, I decided to add
    a second 24v psu and isolate the two with rectifier diodes. The
    factory PSU puts out about 24v, after the diode drop it's about 23
    and change, I installed a second psu and adjusted the output to
    22v or about 21 and change after the diode.
    I installed the router and started monitoring the reported voltage
    by SNMP logging, I noticed it started out at 23v and then has been
    slowly jumping down and back up to 22v any idea why it wouldn't
    just keep taking power from the source with the highest voltage?
    Is this going to be a problem? I was hoping to monitor for main
    psu failure by sending an alert below 23v which would tell me if
    the main PSU failed but for some reason this isn't working as
    planned...