As an American it's hard to feel sorry for us. Nobody should. We have had
it better than any 0lace on the planet for so long that we make up strife.
We have become soft, and worse we have become lazy. The vast majority of
our population would have no problem living the lifestyle of those in that
kids movie with the little robot where we rode around one hoverchairs being
fat. We have an expectation that we will be spoofed 9ur ideals and our
facts by the media, this election is the tipping point where the media has
become it's own thing and has corrupted the status quo. I would bet 80
percent of our population is not capable of critical thinking at this point
considering the vast majority of our acedemia (the last refuge of
independent thought) is not capable of it. If you want to feel sorry for
anybody, feel sorry for the majority of the planet who has become
accustomed to riding the coat tails of the US in one major way or another.
If and when we fall, it will be a disaster globally.