Not sure I agree with this …. the US is one very large and powerful country yes
… but (and I’m not trying to stir controversy here despite it sounding like it)
it’s one country out of many … and there are many other large and powerful
countries out there.  I’m not saying that the US isn’t a major player and that
some countries hurt more than others when things happen in the US but the
“world” doesn’t centre around the US as much as Americans seem to think it does