Not really … I was referring to my point about how often Americans think the
world revolves around them….

When the US housing crisis hit (and it was very sad, I’m not suggesting there
was anything positive about it) …. CNN and other news outlets were making
references that this would drive Canada and other countries into bankruptcy
because of out of control Mortgages and other stuff going on.  This was the
furthest thing from the truth … Canada, in particular, has much stronger
banking laws/regulations than the USA does (even today) - there was still pain
that was felt but nothing on the scale that the media kept talking about ..

For me personally, this example did hurt badly .. I owned a consulting company
based in the south and employed 26 people (all American) at the time … when the
housing crisis hit, so did a significant number of bad debts and this
ultimately led to me closing the company, but not before I made sure all my
employees were looked after financially to help “weather the storm”.

I know it sounds like I’m picking a fight here about what country is best, has
the largest military, has the most money etc …. not at all ….  my point was
just that a lot of Americans think there are no other countries that can
compare - this is something that many of my American friends are the first to
point out as being wrong …. and I agree.  Before you think this is a “typical
Canadian” talking here - I once had dual citizenship and was quite proud of
that.  I have also travelled the world fairly extensively and seen many
countries/cultures…

Just one person’s opinion….

Paul