Yeah, CNUT, the various releases, upgrade paths, etc. is a pain and can be confusing.

So you have 430 and 450 APs deployed. The only package added to or enabled in your package list is say 14.1.2. If you enable auto-update on the 430 APs, it should say no packages available. If you have 13.4.1 OFDM in the list and enable auto-update on the 430 APs, then *all* SMs will be sent the 13.4.1 image. If you have some 430 SMs on 14.1.2, then they'll downgrade. And if you have SMs on 12.1, then they'll upgrade. If you have some SMs on 11.2, then they will fail to update since they need 12.1 first. And 13.4.1 doesn't exist for 450, only 13.4. So you have the 14.1.2 PXP45X package in the list and enabled. CNUT knows the 430 AP can't use that package. But it is valid for 450/450i APs and all SMs. Nuckin futs indeed.

I remember your whole dilemma with having a mix of 430 SMs on various builds. Using auto-update would force you to use 12.1 to get the 11.2's up to that, but then you also had some 13.4 or 13.4.1's out there which would then get downgraded to 12.1. The easiest workaround for that is to manually add the 11.2 SMs in CNUT and update them to 12.1, then enable auto-update using 13.4.1 to update the entire sector. But I also recall that you needed to update the APs to 13.4.1 too.

This would probably get even crazier on a 450 sector with 430 interop SMs in the mix. But you should have no problem auto-updating to 14.1.2 if you have your 430 SMs on 13.4.1 already. 14.2.1 is what kills 430 mode on a 430 SM. After updating, the interop setting goes away and it only talks to a 450 or 450i AP. Since you have the 430 APs out of the picture, I think you'll be perfectly fine with 14.1.2 which still has 430 mode if you need it for some reason. The nice thing with the 450i though is you have legacy mode. If you have SMs out there behind the times, enable that, get them updated and then turn it back off since it reduces throughput a bit.

Anyway...

Here's a 430 SM after updating from 13.4.1 to 14.1.2 on the bench:

And here it is after updating to 14.2.1:

And 15.0.0.1: