I would say if you file a 477 your are a BIAS provider.

-----Original Message----- From: Jay Weekley
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2016 12:34 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Here's a question for a can of worms

Here is a stupid question.  What is the official designation of an ISP?
Can I get a cable connection, re-distribute it to 4 people wirelessly,
file form 477 and get access to the right of way?

Chuck McCown wrote:
Works everywhere. If the CATV has pole access you do too. Same thing with streets and other public places. They may charge you a franchise fee, but it has to be the same as everyone else.
*From:* Kurt Fankhauser
*Sent:* Thursday, December 01, 2016 12:26 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Here's a question for a can of worms
Does that even work in the municipal boundaries not just rural? I was thinking about deploying fiber in the city here and didn't know if the city could stop me if they wanted too. On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Josh Reynolds <j...@kyneticwifi.com> wrote:

    What Chuck said.

    On Dec 1, 2016 1:22 PM, "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

        Absolutely.  You are a BIAS provider and the FCC explicitly
        defined BIAS providers as being eligible for ROW access equal
        to a public utility.
        *From:* Ben Royer
        *Sent:* Thursday, December 01, 2016 12:20 PM
        *To:* af@afmug.com
        *Subject:* [AFMUG] Here's a question for a can of worms
        Get out your can openers. Does me, the ISP, being classified
        as a common carrier, mean I get right of way access?
        Thank you,
        Ben Royer, Operations Manager
        Royell Communications, Inc.
        217-965-3699 <tel:%28217%29%20965-3699> www.royell.net

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
Version: 2016.0.7924 / Virus Database: 4664/13518 - Release Date: 12/01/16

Reply via email to