I wonder if the official designation of an ISP had been been considered. I guess that's two stupid statements for me in one day.

Chuck McCown wrote:
I would say if you file a 477 your are a BIAS provider.

-----Original Message----- From: Jay Weekley
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2016 12:34 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Here's a question for a can of worms

Here is a stupid question.  What is the official designation of an ISP?
Can I get a cable connection, re-distribute it to 4 people wirelessly,
file form 477 and get access to the right of way?

Works everywhere. If the CATV has pole access you do too. Same thing with streets and other public places. They may charge you a franchise fee, but it has to be the same as everyone else.