From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2017 1:55 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] CenturyLink installing these

I agree with you on the need.  In my mind, nobody "needs" more than 1meg.
10meg generally makes them happy and not have too fuss about how they're using
it (for now).  They "want" 25-100 meg for all their entertainment.

Put another way:  I might only "need" 10 amps of electrical capacity as long as
I'm careful about how I'm using it, but my 200 amp service makes me a happy and
contented consumer for the foreseeable future.

Regardless of what anyone "needs", fiber is going to end up the standard
delivery mechanism for data because it will meet the need of today and the need
of next year and the next 50 years.  If you build anything else, then in the
long run you'll have people still clamoring for improvement and it will end up
being replaced.

There's nothing wrong with meeting the immediate need with wireless, and you
can absolutely make money doing it, but the long term and permanent answer is
going to be fiber.  So if you want to stay relevant in the future you'll be
looking at how to get into that game whether it's with private funding or
government subsidy.

This is a WISP, we're a WISPA member, and I want WISP's to succeed.....but
facts is facts.

-Adam