There's a lot more "tools" coming this year that will continue to make
building gigabit wireless networks with 60GHz easier and easier.  With
today's tools it is already possible to build 500m radius cells @ 99.99% in
rain zone K - even with a resi-friendly 8in. size.  If you bump that up to
1' size, you can get to 2500' (750m) radius.

Besides the 30º sector we have today, we will continue to add to this other
coverages and form factors.  That, combined with some other tools like
low-cost TRILL rbridges will make building these networks much easier.

Some folks are taking a different approach and doing high density cities:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/blueprint-building-5g-primed-fiber-backhauled-telecom-neal-lachman

There's other deployment models too including pure wireless ones.  There's
building wireless mesh/rings, there's using lower band licensed PTMP to
feed wireless rings, etc.

Thanks,
-Hal