I am guessing 568a will probably work with most things these days, will it not?
 Been forever since I made a crossover cable or though about whether or not
something was DTE or DCE.

From: Steve Jones
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:09 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Complaining Employees

Like i said about retirees, i have my 74 year old dad working with me now, we
work til we run out of daylight, he takes the tasks and runs with them, i quit
hovering, and we get things done. I told him id print out a 568b pinout for him
to start doing ends, he caught the fact i frinted 568a by mistake before even
starting. Imagine the disaster if his attention to detail wasnt there.

I have to make sure the other guy is busy when i use my dad, so i do that. The
other guy has constant excuses, never fully completes tasks, flat out lies
about things and never takes ownership of mistakes, its always someone elses
fault. Counselling has failed, providing all brand new tools has failed. Its at
a point of acceptance now that it is what it is.
Ive watched over the years as new guys come in the bad employees have poisoned
them and turned good workers into trash. As employees have moved on, ive
advised the boss to just not replace them on the bad apple principle. Ive got
24 hours and 7 days, every week, so o can bring in my non employee contractors
like my old man and get things done

If you have other employees, this guy sounds like hes breeding them stress if
its making more work for them. They will ultimately respond. Some might quit,
some might start underperforming, some might turn to drinking when they get
home (a staff drunk is problematic, this i know, im that guy), they may even
begin undermining your operation. There is alot of consequense to not bringing
this to resolution promptly, one way or another

On Jul 23, 2017 10:55 AM, "Matt Hoppes" <mattli...@rivervalleyinternet.net>