On 7/23/17 8:55 AM, Matt Hoppes wrote:

Meanwhile I have a college art student who works for me in the summer. Not a lick of technical knowledge, but I tell her to go run a cable and it's run neat and proper.

I tell her to go spray weeds and they are all sprayed and dead.

I tell her to put things in a rack and while perhaps a router might be below a switch in a way I wouldn't have installed it - everything is plugged in, right side up and on when I'm told the task is finished.

That's clearly the difference between someone with a clue and common sense vs. the other guy that only has excuses. I'm not entirely convinced clue can be taught.

~Seth