It's not intended to be an all encompassing tool. It does work for most use
cases, as long as you have driven the path or have an understanding before
hand about possible trees or terrain issues along the way.

It works fine if you've been on the tower, can see the far side, and just
want to figure out what kind of antenna and power you need on the path
while calculating signal level for specific products and accompanying
throughput levels.