Re: [AFMUG] Outdoor PON OLTAre you using splitters in splice cases or in cross
connect boxes?

From: Mark - Myakka Technologies
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 9:55 AM
To: Adam Moffett
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Outdoor PON OLT

Adam,

There are some ranging things you have to consider.  "The requirement
when deploying ONTs are the maximum distance between two ONTs cannot
exceed 20Km."

The way we have done this is to reuse fibers as we travel down long stretches
of roads between neighborhoods.

We will deploy a 1x32 splitter in the field. We will splice that into the last
3 ribbons/tubes of our fiber.  Example, if we were using a 144 count cable,
ribbons 10-12 will be spliced into.  After a few miles depending on density or
distance, we will splice in another 1x32 splitter to ribbons 10-12.  We just
keep doing this until we run out of light budget.

We build to the lots passed, so we are not trying to optimize max usage per
port.  Currently, we average about 50% utilization on our ports.

--
Best regards,
Mark                            mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.