I would do it with one x86-64 server running xen or KVM on a recent Linux
distribution, and then various VMs for services like recursive DNS
resolver, dhcp daemon, etc.

1GbE link with vlan trunk and tagged traffic to the CCR would be sufficient.

You do plan on giving the residential customers a second off-site recursive
resolver to query, one that's under your control somewhere else on your
network?