Mikrotik is like a swiss army knife. It does all those things, but it's weaker at all of them than the proper tool is.
It would absolutely work though.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 2/12/2018 2:59:22 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] ISP in a box

Had a subdivision developer contact me, wanting service for their hundred or so homes. I can get DIA close to the area at a reasonable area. It will require some build but that is OK, that is something I feel some level of expertise.

Considering a minimal NOC build.

I asked this question of someone once before and I cannot find their answer. Not sure if asked on the list or not. But the answer went something like this:

Buy a big CCR. Hire Linktechs to configure it. Put in a big switch for the AE SFPs and rock and roll.

I am sure I would need at least one server.  DHCP, NAT, DNS?
But can all of that be provided by the CCR?

What is the smallest NOC configuration that could be created?

Batts, rectifier, cooling.

I really could put all this in a cabinet on the corner of the street.