I ordered a number of their smaller cases for testing and they just didn't
feel right or seem well thought out.  Could also just be that I don't know
how to order the right parts to go inside them.  Like ordering just a
Coyote DTC6 case but not knowing how to order all the right inside parts
and grommets to make it work.

Ended up just working with the DTC6 in a layered feeder design where we
feed a string of DTC6s with a 24 strand clearfield cable in 10/6 coming
from a real splice case and then feed YourX terminals off of the DTC6 using
strongfiber run through 10/6.  Wouldn't work as well running down a road in
a line but works really well when you need to service a few hundred
distributed houses in a community off of one real splice case.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 9:19 PM, Jon Langeler <jon-ispli...@michwave.net>

> If your used to the FOSC case ‘gel seal’, we found it’s pretty trustworthy
> and quick. Otherwise your using headshrink with every other brand which
> takes some more time. I’ve not seen a gel seal design with any other brands
> but I didn’t search very well.
> Another option to consider is going above ground for the splices.
> Jon Langeler
> Michwave Technologies, Inc.
> On Mar 11, 2018, at 6:26 PM, Chuck McCown <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:
> Is there any FS type lower cost splice cases out in the world yet?
> I say FS type because everything Fiber Store does is 20% the cost of
> everyone else.
> Hoping for something lower cost.  Not really an area you want to cut
> corners on, but they sure are expensive.  Say you feed 144 strands in and
> out of a typical splice case that has a port that will take 6 drops.  You
> will be paying $120-$240 for something like that.  $20 to $40 per drop just
> for the splice case.
> Add in an equal amount for the hand hole, you could be in $80 per customer
> before electronics just to make the splice.

Carl Peterson

401 E Pratt St, Ste 2553

Baltimore, MD 21202

(410) 637-3707