For drop termination I'm really eyeballing the Multilink Optima-S, but I haven't deployed any yet. With 4 ports it's around $135, so it does not fit the lower price you're looking for. It has an upper and lower compartment: splice trays in the lower compartment, female terminations in the upper compartment. The idea is during construction you run a few pigtails from the lower to upper compartment....one for each house you might hook up. If you're doing PON you could stash a splitter in the lower compartment as well.

The installer then just does a field termination and plugs it in. My hope would be that we save time from setting up and tearing down the splicer, taking the enclosure off the pole, putting it back up, and retying the slack. We're also not splicing in a bucket or having a cable puller guy monkeying with splice trays with 144 other people's service just waiting to be tangled up or bent or broken. I would like to pay less, but I'm focusing on saving time and avoiding costly error.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Chuck McCown" <ch...@wbmfg.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 3/11/2018 6:26:15 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] Splice Cases

Is there any FS type lower cost splice cases out in the world yet?

I say FS type because everything Fiber Store does is 20% the cost of everyone else.

Hoping for something lower cost. Not really an area you want to cut corners on, but they sure are expensive. Say you feed 144 strands in and out of a typical splice case that has a port that will take 6 drops. You will be paying $120-$240 for something like that. $20 to $40 per drop just for the splice case. Add in an equal amount for the hand hole, you could be in $80 per customer before electronics just to make the splice.