This all sounds very familiar.

Our fine was $20k I think.

Ours was a UBNT card that we had a label for, placed on the outside, but they
thought it was interfering.

In our case the FCC agents came, had us turn it off, and there was still a
problem.
So it wasn't us, it was Utah Broadband and one or two others I think.
Our radio was operating powered way down on a large dish at 90 degrees offset
from radar location.
It was also way outside the defined 'zone' for DFS and possible interference.
Hence DFS never kicked in, or just wasn't working on that card, who knows.
But it was on the top of a mountain, directly in line with several other ISP
providers 5GHz radios.

After the test and turn down, they told us we were all good and left the next
day.

Then about a year later the FCC sent us a similar letter, stating that we
didn't comply at the time and were interfering with radar.

They gave us and a few others a similar fine all at the same time I think.

I was furious, because their field agents had misrepresented and manipulated
the situation regarding us and our actions.

I contested, and they put a stay pending further review.
Meaning they put the fine on hold and green lighted us for FCC registrations
etc.
During that time, like a year later I think, I sold the company to JAB and
dissolved it.
There was no radios, operations, or legal entity even registered anymore.

Still not sure what they were thinking or if they ever resolved it internally
to make a final decision.

But in my mind things were completely clear, they had made an example of us and
others.

I don't doubt this Vegas company will get fined as well, regardless of what the
actual infringement and situation was.