YKY,

Pei's attitude is pretty similar to mine on these matters, although we
differ on other more detailed issues regarding AGI.

And, please note that compared to most AI researchers, Pei and I would
be among the folks most likely to be sympathetic to your ideas, given
that

-- we are both explicitly in favor of pushing hard toward AGI rather
than fiddling with narrow AI
-- are are both in favor of uncertain logic systems as one highly
viable path toward AGI

You have not explained how you will overcome the issues that plagued
GOFAI, such as
-- the need for massive amounts of highly uncertain background
knowledge to make real-world commonsense inferences
-- the combinatorial explosion that ensues when you try to control
logical inference on a large body of data

My own solution to these problems is to
-- learn most knowledge via experience rather than via explicit encoding
-- utilize a subtle combination of inference, statistical pattern
mining and artificial economics for inference control

Pei agrees with me on the "learning via experience" part but has a
different approach to the combinatorial explosion problem of inference
control.  But you have not yet presented any original solutions to
these or other major well-documented problems with the GOFAI approach.

Yes, intuitively the approach you're suggesting sounds like it should
work -- at first.  That is why masses of research funding were spent
on it decades ago, and why hundreds of brilliant people spent their
lives on GOFAI.  But you are not giving us any rational reason to
suspect you might succeed in this sort of approach where so many
others have failed.  What is your new and different idea?

-- Ben