On Sunday 06 May 2007 07:49, Benjamin Goertzel wrote:
> As Nietzsche put it, from a functional point of view, consciousness is like
> the general who, after the fact, takes responsibility for the largely
> autonomous actions of his troops ;-)

That's actually pretty close to the way (I think) it really works ...

> I hate to trumpet "The Hidden Pattern" again, but therein I deal with such
> issues at length and depth...

As long as the trumpets are blaring, Beyond AI is coming out this month, with
the coolest cover I've seen on any non-fiction book (he says modestly):
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-AI-Creating-Conscience-Machine/dp/1591025117
or just search for Beyond AI.

Josh