On 6/7/07, Lukasz Stafiniak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Reasoning about Uncertainty (Paperback)
by Joseph Y. Halpern
BTW, the .chm version of this book can be easily obtained on the net, as are
many others you listed...
I also recommand J Pearl's 2 books (Probabilistic Reasoning and Causality).

Pattern Recognition, Third Edition (Hardcover)
by Sergios Theodoridis (Author), Konstantinos Koutroumbas (Author)
I have this one too, but the question is, how to apply pattern recognition
in a logic-based setting?

Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in
Artificial Intelligence)
by Ronald Brachman (Author), Hector Levesque (Author)
A very good intro for anyone interested in logic-based AI.  Two of the main
points are:  don't reinvent the wheel of KR;   the tradeoff between KR
expressiveness and efficiency of inference.

Learning Kernel Classifiers: Theory and Algorithms (Adaptive
Computation and Machine Learning) (Hardcover)
by Ralf Herbrich (Author)
I don't know how kernel methods can be applied in a logic-based setting.
The math level of this one is also quite beyond me.

Conceptual Spaces: The Geometry of Thought (Bradford Books) (Paperback)
by Peter Gärdenfors (Author)

I forgot what this book was about, will check it out again.  Did you know
that Gardenfors is very influential in the logic-based belief revision
theory, the "AGM" (G=him) postulates?

I'm not aware of any book on pattern recognition with a view on AGI, except
*The Pattern Recognition Basis of Artificial Intelligence* by Don Tveter
(1998):
http://www.dontveter.com/basisofai/basisofai.html

You may look at *The Cambridge Hankbook of Thinking and Reasoning* first,
especially the chapters on "similarity" and "analogy".

YKY