On 6/11/07, James Ratcliff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Interesting points, but I believe you can get around alot of the problems
with two additional factors,
a. using either large quantities of quality text, (ie novels, newspapers) or
similar texts like newspapers.
b. using a interactive built in 'checker' system, assisted learning where
the AI could consult with humans in a simple way.

I would hope that a candidate AGI would have the capability of
emailing anyone who has ever talked with it.  ex:  After a few
minutes' chat, the AI asks the human for their email in case there it
has any follow up questions - the same way any human interviewer
might.  If 10 humans are asked the same question, the statistically
oddball response can probably be ignored (or reduced in weight) to
clarify the answer.