Correct, but I don't believe that systems (like Cyc) are doing this type of
Active learning now, and it would help to gather quality information and
fact-check it.

Cyc does have some interesting projects where it takes a proposed statment and
when a engineer is working with it, will go out and do a text match search in
Google to check the validity of a statement, so would do soemthing like
google search "the moon is a dog" returning 1/4bill  so very unlikely.

This goes one step towards my thoughts, but of course the Internet as a whole
is not a trusted source for quality information, and would need to use a more
refined base.

Also OpenMind Common Sense (site down) is a very interesting project which does
some information gathering using humans who log into the system and check and
input information.  It produced some intersting results, though on a limited
basis.

James

Mike Dougherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: On 6/11/07, James Ratcliff  wrote:
> Interesting points, but I believe you can get around alot of the problems
> with two additional factors,
> a. using either large quantities of quality text, (ie novels, newspapers) or
> similar texts like newspapers.
> b. using a interactive built in 'checker' system, assisted learning where
> the AI could consult with humans in a simple way.

I would hope that a candidate AGI would have the capability of
emailing anyone who has ever talked with it.  ex:  After a few
minutes' chat, the AI asks the human for their email in case there it
has any follow up questions - the same way any human interviewer
might.  If 10 humans are asked the same question, the statistically
oddball response can probably be ignored (or reduced in weight) to
clarify the answer.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;

James Ratcliff - http://falazar.com
Looking for something...