From: Jean-paul Van Belle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 8:22 AM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: [agi] Do the inference rules.. P.S.

When commenting on a lot of different items in a posting, in-line
it in an email client/platform neutral manner. I for one do it often when
responding to individual emails so I don't mind at all. I do *not*
associate it with shouting in such a context - especially not in the light
of the extremely high-quality contributions made by Edward on this list
(I, for one, think that he has elevated the level of discussion here
greatly and I have archived more of his postings than anyone else's). I do
agree that small-caps is easier on the eye. However, Durk, if one wishes
to comment on posting etiquette, I thought one other rule was to quote as
little of the previous post as necessary to make one's point ... some
members may still have bandwidth issues ;-) (just kidding!)

And, for the record, after reading AI literature for well over 20 years
and having done a lot of thinking, the AGI architecture I'm busy working
on is strongly founded on insights (principles, axioms, hypotheses and
assumptions:) many of which are remarkably similar to Edward's views
(including those of the value of past AI research projects, the role of
semantic networks and the possibility of symbolic grounding) though I
(obviously) differ on some other aspects (e.g. complexity :). I hope to
invite him and some others to comment on my prototype end-2008 (and
possibly contribute thereafter :)

    ^.^
Jean-Paul

Research Associate: CITANDA
Department of Information Systems
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: (+27)-(0)21-6504256
Fax: (+27)-(0)21-6502280
Office: Leslie Commerce 4.21

>>> "Kingma, D.P." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2007/10/12 10:57 >>>
Dear Edward, may I ask why you regularly choose to type in all-caps? Do
you have a broken keyboard? Otherwise, please restrain from doing so since
(1) many people associate it with shouting and (2) small-caps is easier to
read...

Kind regards,
Durk Kingma