Linas,

>revealing thier weaknesses and strengths to the competition.

Putting together functional AGI is a very difficult task. So far
(more/less) failure after failure. Many critically important things
are "hidden" in detailed design = sharing high level info isn't in
most cases as risky (from business perspective) as you may think. It's
rather helpful when more people do research in the direction you are
following. There are so many possibilities how to do particular AGI
related things that even when you have multiple projects following the
same high level path, they will almost certainly end up being
different in a number of important aspects.

And look at the world. It's a mess with *lots* of unnecessary
suffering. AGI can significantly help us to sort it out. This is not
just about the business. It's about better future for mankind. Some
people are intentionally giving their lives for less significant
stuff.

>Tell me again why *anyone* would want to fill this out?

Because most AGI developers need all the help they can get. Try to put
together well functional AGI dev team with very limited resources. I
have great respect for the few who managed to do that.

Regards,
Jiri Jelinek