Hi,

> The majority of VC's do, as you say, want a technology that is sewn up,
> from the point of view of technical feasibility.  But this is not always
> true.  There is always a gray area at the fringe of feasibility where
> the last set of questions has not been *fully* answered before money is
> thrown at it.  I believe this happened in a number of projects during
> the dot-com insanity.

A lot of things were possible in that period that aren't possible during
normal business conditions...

> If I am right in this last idea, VCs have a stark choice:  if they want
> AGI, they have to relax their insistence on a project that does not have
> that last "research" step.  If they insist on something stronger, they
> can kiss goodbye to ever getting an AGI.

Well, VC's don't give a crap about AGI, at least not in their capacity
as VC's.  They just want to make $$ in a certain way, according to a certain
risk profile...

So it is only via an unusual combination of factors that a VC is going to
invest in an AGI project.

And of course, if this unusual combination occurs ONCE, and yields
successful
results ... then every VC will want to jump on board and invest in AGI as
quickly as possible and at a generous valuation ;-)

-- Ben G