On Nov 20, 2007 11:22 PM, Dennis Gorelik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jiri,
>
> > AGI is IMO possible now but requires very different approach than narrow
> AI.
>
> AGI requires properly tune some existing narrow AI technologies,
> combine them together and may be add couple of more.
>
> That's massive amount of work, but most AGI research and development
> can be shared with narrow AI research and development.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is quite true...

There is plenty overlap btw AGI and narrow AI but not as much as you
suggest...

Also:
Narrow AI technologies are not meant to be combined together, so to build
AGI
out of narrow-AI components, you need to create narrow-AI components that
are
**specifically designed** for integration into an AGI system...

-- Ben