> From: Ed Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> John,
>
> I am sure there is interesting stuff that can be done.  It would be
> interesting just to see what sort of an agi could be made on a PC.

Yes it would be interesting to see what could be done on a small cluster of
modern server grade computers. I like to think about the newer Penryn 45nm,
SSE4, quadcore quadproc servers with lots of FB DDR3 800mhz RAM running 64
bit OS (sorry I prefer coding in Windows) using standard gigabit Ethernet
quad NICs, with solid state drives, and 15,000 RPM SAS for the slower stuff,
and a take maybe 10 of these servers. There HAS to be enough resource there
to get some small prototype going.

And look at next year's 8 core Nehalem procs coming out...

Interserver messaging should make heavy use of IP multicasting. Then another
messaging channel with the new USB 3.0... Supposedly USB 3.0 is 4.8
gigabits.

> I would be interested in you Ideas for how to make a powerful AGI
> without a
> vast amount of interconnect.  The major schemes I know about for
> reducting
> interconnect involve allocating what interconnect you have to the links
> with
> the highest probability or importance, varying those measures of
> probability
> and importance in a contest specific way, and being guided by prior
> similar
> experiences.

Well I actually don't have the theory far enough to calculate interconnect
metrics. But I try to minimize that through storage structure. What gets
stored, how it gets stored, where it's stored, how systems are modeled, what
a model is, what a system of models are, how systems of models are stored,..
don't store dupes, store diffs... mixing code and data, collapsing data into
code, what is code and what is data? Basically a lot of intelligent
indexing, like real intelligent indexing...

I'm working on using CA's as universal symbolistic indexors and generators -
IOW exploring a theory of uncalculated precalcs for computational complexity
indexing using CA's in order to control uncertainty and manage complexity...

Lots of addicting brain candy stuff...

John