A paper which may be of interest to the pure linguists, or anyone
looking for information about cross modal referencing.

    http://www.sv.uit.no/seksjon/psyk/pdf/laeng/Laeng&Teodorescu.pdf

It might be possible in theory to construct an intelligence comprised
only of linguistic concepts, but such an intelligence would be
unlikely to be very human-like.