Mark Waser wrote:

Can we get a listing of what you believe these limitations are and whether
or not you believe that they apply to humans?

I believe that humans are constrained by *all* the limits of finite automata

yet are general intelligences so I'm not sure of your point.
<<<<<<<<

It is also my opinion that humans are constrained by *all* the limits of
finite automata.
But I do not agree that most humans can be scientists. If this is necessary
for general intelligence then most humans are not general intelligences.

It depends on your definition of general intelligence.

Surely there are rules (=algorithms) to be a scientist. If not, AGI would
not be possible and there would not be any scientist at all.

But you cannot separate the rules (algorithm) from the evaluation whether a
human or a machine is intelligent. Intelligence comes essentially from these
rules and from a lot of data.

The mere ability to use arbitrary rules does not imply general intelligence.
Your computer has this ability but without the rules it is not intelligent
at all.

- Matthias