G. wrote:

It took - hmm, a few months play, a coin/corn bug, and a big payroll from
zombies to open up the board (for everyone) and get some land enough to get
to this point.

At this point - with several land - I'm starting to get into the worker
placement and currency budgeting part and it's kind of interesting.  I'm
even willing to keep trying for a little bit as-is.  But I'm not keen
enough to do a reset and go through all that again over months to get to
this point.

Rather than a reset to zero, what about randomly giving everyone X units
of land with a mix of random facilities? (Maybe weighted toward mines
and orchards, which produce what you need to build more facilities. Or
maybe not.)