The "replacement" should be independent and after the repeal (not that
discussing it is bad but that should be wholly separate).  Trying to do
a "bridge" from shinies to Land was one of the places where compromises
bogged down the start.

OTOH, are we talking about getting rid of zombies too?  Because if not,
we need Coins/currency of some sort for the bidding.  Which means partial
repeal and figuring out coin distribution - and even if we say that's a
scaleback that's still a "new" system.  At which point I'm like, if people
want to try a tweaked land one more time, I'm down with that.