On 1/31/2019 10:31 AM, Aris Merchant wrote:
I'd like to work on this. With regard to looping wins, I think we
should give some people some sort of additional prize, probably in the
form of a patent title, for proving that they *could* win an infinite
(or finite but very large) number of times. What about Infinite
Jestor/Jester?

Just as some food for thought, the "cleanup procedure" we had at one point
seemed to work pretty well.  From R2186/9, circa 2010:

      Each Winning Condition should (if needed) specify a cleanup
      procedure to prevent an arbitrary number of wins arising from
      essentially the same conditions.  When one or more persons win
      the game:

        a) For each Winning Condition satisfied by at least one of
           those persons, its cleanup procedure (if any) occurs.

        b) Each of those persons ceases to satisfy any Winning
           Conditions.

Example:
      While a player is the only active first-class player not to
      satisfy at least one Losing Condition, e satisfies the Winning
      Condition of Solitude.

      Cleanup procedure:  The same person cannot satisfy this Winning
      Condition again until at least one other player ceases to
      satisfy any Losing Condition.

Or:
      If this rule mentions at least six different specific colors for
      Ribbons, then upon a win announcement that one or more players
      each possess at least one Ribbon of each such color, all those
      players satisfy the Winning Condition of Renaissance.

      Cleanup procedure:  For each of those players, one Ribbon of
      each such color in eir possession is destroyed.