On Friday, March 8, 2019 2:50 AM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@uw.edu> wrote:
> You don't have to worry about the Disclaimer in the ADoP's report -
> disclaimers are used all the time to ratify false things, under the guidance
> of R2202 you're supposed to use disclaimers when reporting false things
> for the purpose of ratification, and this explicitly does not stop
> ratification.

Yeah, I agree, and the disclaimer is disclaiming something else anyway. I just
thought I should mention it, since it seems like the sort of thing someone
might try to use to cast doubt on the judgement. :P

> Proposal 8164 will not undo the self-ratification. It will retroactively
> determine that the ADoP's Report was wrong in a different way, but the
> report will have still have self-ratified as it was written.

Yes, exactly. So the SPOOKY distribution failed either way, and there is no
paradox (and will not be even when P8164 is adopted normally).

-twg