> From:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject:       Re: AI-GEOSTATS: Moran's I
> To:            Chaosheng Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Cc:            [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date:          Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:22:50 +0800
> Reply-to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>
> Try CrimeStat developed by Ned Levine.
> Goto http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/cmrc/tools/welcome.html
> Click on Mapping Tools, and then download CrimeStat for free!
>
> By the way, has anyone out there used Moran's I for diseases?
>
Yes. Among others, Iris Z�llner and I have applied them to German Cancer data
(mortality data and incidence data from the German Childhood Cancer registry).
See e. g.

"Empirical Studies of Cluster Detection - Different Cluster Tests in
Application to German Cancer Maps" in Disease Mapping and Risk Assessment for
Public Health, eds. A. B. Lawson et al, 1999 John Wiley

It seems that the distribution of Moran's I can be approximated reasonably well
by a randomization approach even if the population figures differ in the
regions. Oden (Adjusting Moran's I for population density, Statistics in
Medicine 14, 17-26, 1996) has taken into account unequal population and
modified the Moran statistic accordingly. (There has been debate whether
Oden's normal approximation is correct, a limiting chi-square distribution may
be more appropriate.)

Yours sincerely
Irene Schmidtmann

Krebsregister Rheinland-Pfalz, Registerstelle
Institut f�r Medizinische Biometrie, Epidemiologie und Informatik (IMBEI)
(was Institut f�r Medizinische Statistik und Dokumentation)
Klinikum der Johannes Gutenberg-Universit�t
55101 Mainz
Germany
Tel. +49-6131-176710
Fax  +49-6131-172968
E-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://info.imsd.Uni-Mainz.DE/Krebsregister/

--
* To post a message to the list, send it to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful 
responses to your questions.
* To unsubscribe, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no subject and "unsubscribe 
ai-geostats" followed by "end" on the next line in the message body. DO NOT SEND 
Subscribe/Unsubscribe requests to the list
* Support to the list is provided at http://www.ai-geostats.org

Reply via email to