i agree with Avinash.
At 03:24 PM 8/7/2017 +0530, you wrote:
Without offending anyone, I believe that poverty is a great enabler if
one is totally blind. My friends who travel by bus/metro/train  are
more assertive/independent while negotiating challenges than those who
travel by car/airplane. I'd be happy if someone could disapprove this
hypotheses. English-speaking blind individuals may be good at
delivering lectures/talking worldly affairs, but non-English blind
individuals are good at living independently.poor blind individual is
more likely to marry a blind girl; the rich blind individual however
goes for a sighted one. Why, cause a poor blind is more confident
that he/she will be able to take on challenges as blind couple.

On 8/7/17, Asudani, Rajesh via Ai <ai@accessindia.inclusivehabitat.in> wrote:
> Had not thought to write, since it is a very tricky question and there is a
> very fine line of distinction between being concerned and being
> overprotective when it comes to children with disabilities.
> Being one of the five siblings with blindness in my family, I have
> experienced all the methods suggested here for gaining a reasonable degree
> of independence.
>
> Let me clarify I am not a votary of hyper independence.
> As I had said about six years back in retina India controversy, An escort is
> a necessity for a totally blind person, if it is available, affordable and
> there are no privacy concerns.
> It however does not mean a blind person cannot and should not travel alone
> at all.
>
> Now, the big question is who that escort should be.
> If friends, then they must be reliable friends.
> Not only that, It should be brought home to parents that the friends are
> reliable.
> Besides, if hired escort is available, why not, since we can have better
> control over a person we are paying.
>
> Escorting from a distance may also be tried, just to keep out of harm's way,
> as I am fond of saying, it does not take even half an  accident to......
>

> Rajesh

Avinash Shahi

with warm regards
Mahendra Galani
Whatsapp/Viber/Skype/Imo/Facetime +43 699 174 555 95
Festnetz +43 1 961 77 47
Addresse, Arneth gasse 45/2/2
1160 Vienna, Austria, Europe